Friday, September 26, 2008

Finally - my jury duty is over



Jury Duty:
Federal District Court, Civil Court.
Not as bad as one might expect. It helped to have a good group of fellow jurors. The case was complex and lasted a few weeks. It was also the chance to meet some interesting folks. It offered an opportunity to do a few things downtown that I would not have taken the time to do otherwise. And yes, we reached a verdict. Lots of stuff came out from this event.

  • I gained weight.
  • I got neat aluminum Mountain Dew cans ( special paint jobs, I am working on a set of wind chimes or two).
  • I got to take pictures of downtown Sacramento, the state capital building (but not Arnold Schwarzenegger), Old Town Sacramento, West Sacramento, and the river.
  • Met 8 other interesting people.
  • Saw something like 8 sweaters get knit and assembled.
  • Saw a gal get empowered.
  • Saw a guy work through old resentments.
  • Saw lots a great cookies and candies go straight to my gut.
  • Saw a guy formulate his website.
  • Played with an iPhone.
  • Read a few magazines that I otherwise would not have.
  • Had a few laughs.
  • Heard a few tears.

All-in-all, not so bad.
So today, I failed to rant - to rave - or to be all that rude.
But I have rambled.
However, I don't think it's worth changing the name of my blog.
TTFN

No comments: